Green Real Estate Development
- Photovoltaic System: 64 solar panels generating 19,570 KWH annually of power for the common electric load (about 25% of projected total load).
- Energy Efficiency: Continuous rigid insulation; cellulose insulation; efficient, properly-sized heating and cooling equipment.
- Ventilation: All units have direct vented supply air; an Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) exchanges heat between toilet and kitchen exhaust and supply air vented into each of the units; all units are “compartmentalized” to air migration between units; all common areas are smoke free.
- Rainwater Irrigation: A 3000 gallon cistern collects rainwater runoff from the building for irrigation of all vegetation on site.
- Stormwater Management: A “cultec” system retains maximum amount of rain / storm water on site.
- Location: Within LEED proximity standards to public transportation and other amenities.
- Miscellaneous: Drought tolerant plants; high efficiency fixtures and appliances; use of FSC certified wood and low VOC paints, adhesives and sealants.
Energy Efficient UnitAn independent energy modeling study (Demand Management Institute, May 2010) predicts that Levedo will use 34% less energy, and will incur 28% less energy cost, as compared to the standard “baseline” model.
Levedo: Solar Panels
The Levedo Builidng’s Photovoltaic System (solar panel system) consists of 64 solar panels generating 19,570 KWH annually of power for the common electric load (about 25% of projected total load). This is the first large residential building in Codman Square with solar panels.